This vegetarian pie is an amazing way to enjoy leek, and it looks amazing at the same time. In the picture I used purple truffle potatoes, which looks amazing, but for the taste you can basically use any other firm boiling potato and it will be just as great. Eat this pie together with a salad, or add a piece of grilled meat or salmon if you like.
- 1 package of ready pie dough from the fridge of your supermarket, round shaped
- 2 leeks, cleaned, chopped in halve rings
- 100 grams of feta cheese, crumbled
- 200 grams of firm boiling potatoes with skin on, cut in the thinnest possible slices
- 2 cloves of garlic, squeezed
- 2 teaspoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of chopped rosemary
- 1 egg, beaten
Duration: 60 minutes, including oven time
- Preheat the oven to 220 degrees Celsius
- Bring a pan of salted water to boil and add the chopped leek for 1 minute, then drain well. Mix with the feta, garlic and season with some black pepper.
- Boil the potatoes for 1-2 minutes in salted water as well and drain them.
- Butter a round cake pan and put the dough in it. Divide the leek mixture over the bottom, and leave some dough on the edges to later fold over the pie.
- Place the potato slices on the pie in a round shape, slightly overlapping as shown in the picture. Fold the edges of the dough back over the potatoes on the pie. Sprinkle the potatoes with the olive oil, salt, pepper and the rosemary. Brush the dough with the beaten eggs
- Place the pie in the oven for about 30 minutes, until the dough is crispy and the potato filling is cooked.
- Sprinkle with some additional rosemary, sea salt and serve!